Among other things mwact stands;
- to create a replicable working example at mwape farm using the same renewable resources that most rural farmers have access to and can use with little or no cost.
- to create employment and reduce dependence ratio in the local community by activating underutilised resources and factors of production.
- to create an independent community that produce, manufacture, process,distribute,sale and consume with little or no intervention of the outside industry.
- to help in environment cleaning by use of environmentally friendly production methods,mainly organic farming and waste bio digestion and recycling.
- to facilitate rural sustainable development by encouraging fellow small holder farmers to implement integrated biotechnology farming techniques as an alternative to the costly unsustainable modern farming system.
- to develop training facilities to local smallholders farmers who have limited access to agricultural information and technology
- to bring back the seemingly forgotten animal traction (power) into use as a way of reducing dependence on petroleum based energy in farming.
- create a well balanced production,distribution and retail channels by forming both consumer and producer co-operatives in the local area.